- Create a new virtual machine in VMWare. You do not need to add a hard disk. Just delete it, just in case. For the CD Rom add the iso image of BackTrack Linux.
- Start the virtual machine. You might need to edit boot in the BIOS, so press F2 to enter BIOS setup and set CD rom as the primary boot.
- Enable Removable Device in vmware so that it will show up as a USB disk on Backtrack
- When BackTrack loads open install.sh on the desktop.
- The installer should now automatically use your USB key as the primary disk for the install.
- Use default partitioning and install. Just Click OK.
- After a successfull installation, your USB key is ready to boot.
- Boot into Backtrack and login with root/toor - the default username and password
Aug 22, 2010